The official day for spring is just around the corner. Spring time means that much closer to the busier backpacking season. Companies are well aware of this and kick off the season by having spring sales. Have you received any emails yet to your favorite outdoor companies/stores? If not, check out the “Get Gear” section of the site for a selection of stores that are currently or will soon be offering Spring Sale events. As of this post, Sierra Trading Post is having a spring sale and if you click on the link you can start shopping with $10 towards any purchase (new customers only).
If you are wanting to save some extra cash, you can always try the site RetailMeNot for coupon codes. Also check out eBates so you can get a digital rebate, e.g. eBates, on stores you already shop. Below is a quick example using eBates to get an additional 2.5% of your purchase back from Sierra Trading Post in addition to using a coupon! Interested? Here is what you can do.
- Sign up at Sierra Trading Post
- Sign up for eBates
- Once you have signed into eBates, find Sierra Trading Post store link for 2.5% back. Click on it. It will take you to Sierra Trading Post
- Add all the items you want and check out
- During the check out phase look for an option to “enter a promo code” or “change promo code.” Click the link and change the code to the one you received in an email or on RetailMeNot.
- Proceed with the check out as normal. A few days later you should receive credit from eBates as well as get your additional STP discount.