Ready to head out into the wilderness Memorial Day weekend? Well you may want a plan B if you were going to use some of the popular roads to access the trails. Right now many are still closed. Here is the latest as of this post.
Sequoia National Forest
- Only road open is Lloyd Meadow, just north of the community of Johnsondale. Side roads are not opened yet (like Forks of the Kern).
- Crews are heading out to many of the Forest Service roads to evaluate their condition. They are looking for how much snow is left, what trees fell down, and if there is any damage due to this past winter. They will clear and fix what they can to make it safe for the public to use.
- Roads may not be open till mid June, even though they are trying their best to get them open Memorial Day weekend. Your patience is appreciated.
Inyo National Forest
- The main access via Horseshoe Meadow Road is not open to the public. Due to the wash outs from the past winter, the latest info is the road could be open sometime in June or later into July.
- Nine Mile Road is open into Kennedy Meadows.
Sequoia National Park (Mineral King)
- Road is closed.
As more information becomes available, it will be posted here. Stay tuned!